Integrative Health & Wellness Practitioner
Holistic Kinesiology, Bowen Therapy, Body Ecology Balancing
ph: 0410 834 212 e: email@example.com
Jamie draws upon her training and clinical experience to create a unique fusion of natural health care that holistically addresses the individual needs of her clients.
Her treatment methods provide guidance that allows clients to connect the dots and form a complete picture of their health. Jamie’s empowering approach to treatment allows her to gently facilitate clients to greater health and happiness.
Jamie has special interest in the following treatment areas;
- Postural deviations causing muscular pain and tension; TMJ disorder, scoliosis, pelvic tilts, uneven leg length
- Hormonal imbalances both mild and severe; diabetes, insomnia and hypo/hyperthyroidism
- Neurological disorders including; anxiety, depression, epilepsy and fibromyalgia
- Learning difficulties; ADHD, autism, asperger’s, dyslexia, reduced coordination and brain function
- Low vitality resulting from; chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal fatigue, anaemia, glandular fever and stress
- Women’s health; irregular menses, endometriosis, PMS, PCOS, fibroids, menopause, preconception care, infertility, pregnancy and post-natal health
The focus of Kinesiology is to identify and treat the underlying causal factors of imbalances present in the body and mind. It does this via the use of a biofeedback mechanism from the brain to the muscles. By accessing the cellular information present in the body, Kinesiology can provide automatic insight into the causal factors of health problems and provide opportunity to understand how these health problems can be overcome.
The foundations of Holistic Kinesiology are based on the integration of and balance between eastern wisdom and western knowledge. In order to achieve this important balance, Holistic Kinesiology incorporates a broad range of natural therapy techniques that integrate the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of self so that our whole being is balanced.
A Holistic Kinesiology treatment can be highly effective for almost any issue including but certainly not limited to;
- pain, stress, confusion, physical ailments and nervous disorders
- food intolerances, hormonal imbalances, toxicities and lowered immunity
- reduced; mobility, energy levels, self-esteem, coordination and concentration
- limiting beliefs, toxic emotions, fears and destructive patterns
A few treatments can help to restore an overall feeling of balance and wellbeing and can be particularly effective in resolving recurring problems that have been difficult to treat by other means.
Bowen is a gentle yet dynamic soft tissue therapy in which subtle but purposeful moves are applied through light clothing, to precise locations on the body. These deliberate moves, followed by small integration periods, restore balance to the body via the autonomic nervous system (ANS) activating an almost immediate state of relaxation and often sending people into a deep sleep.
Bowen therapy is appropriate for anyone from newborn babies, pregnant women, chronically ill patients and the elderly and can assist recovery from many acute and chronic conditions as well as traumatic injury, including;
Connective tissue complaints;
- back pain, muscular pain/tension, spondylosis and sciatica
- neck and shoulder problems, including frozen shoulder
- pelvic tilt, TMJ disorders, scoliosis and uneven leg length
- hip, knee, ankle and foot problems
- RSI, carpal tunnel and tennis elbow
- sports and other traumatic injuries
Other acute and chronic complaints;
- chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue and fibromyalgia
- jetlag, general malaise, anxiety, depression and lowered immunity
- digestive disturbances, deficiencies, toxicities and IBS
- migraines, headaches, tinnitus and earaches
- respiratory complaints, allergies, sinusitis and hay fever
- bedwetting in children
- oedema and lymphatic blockages
- menstrual and hormonal irregularities
Results can be dramatic and are usually seen within 1-3 treatments. With years of experience in providing and receiving various treatment methods, Jamie believes that Bowen is by far the most efficient and effective way to activate the body’s capacity to heal itself and provide relief from states of adrenal stress.
Body Ecology Balancing
Over the years Jamie has discovered that by improving the biodiversity of the microbiome, faster and longer lasting improvements to health can be achieved.
With over 80% of the immune system residing in the gut, and with the now well-known gut-brain connection, it is essential to rectify any imbalances within this particular area of the body in order to bring about a full recovery to any condition or ailment.
The trillions of healthy bacteria that should be living in our gut assist us to stay young and vital and to fight infection, inflammation and disease. Recurring use of antibiotics, combined with bacterial sterility in our food supply and a culture of poor dietary choices, has left many of our bodies almost devoid of the healthy biodiversity needed in the microbiome to maintain long term wellbeing. However, as much as we rely on these essential healthy bacteria to keep us well, they too rely on us to provide them with a liveable environment.
By providing the necessary guidance, understanding and inspiration to make healthy dietary and lifestyle choices, Jamie assists her clients to balance their inner body ecology leading to increased vitality, a youthful appearance, and elimination of or reduction in the following symptoms and conditions;
- digestive pain, headaches and migraines
- IBS, Diverticulitis, Colitis and Crohn’s
- gas, bloating and abdominal distention
- constipation and/or diarrhoea
- recurring thrush/yeast infections and candida overgrowth
- acidity, reflux, indigestion and heart pain
- Diabetes and blood sugar swings
- recurring colds, flu’s and viral outbreaks
- eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and acne
- fatigue, anxiety, depression, low brain function and hormonal imbalances
- infertility, recurring miscarriage and general women’s health issues
For individuals that are committed to achieving long lasting health, Jamie develops holistic wellness plans. This can involve a range of treatment methods that complement each other as well as practical techniques that clients can use in the comfort of their own homes. Along the way Jamie provides ongoing support and guidance as to the steps to take to achieve set health goals. Please call if you would like any further information about any of Jamie’s services or treatment approaches.
Dip Health Sciences (Holistic Kinesiology), Cert IV Reflexology, Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy, Masters (Specialised Bowen Procedures 2) in Bowen Therapy, Certified Body Ecologist, Member BAA, Member BTAA
Standard Rate: 1 hr – $110, 1.5 hrs $135, 2 hrs $170
Discount Rate (for concession holders): 1 hr $90, 1.5 hrs $115, 2 hrs $150